Police Blotters: 90th Precinct

Bar Brawl

A 25-year-old man was stabbed in the left lung during a brawl in front a Hooper Street bar, according to police.

The brawl broke out just after 4:30 a.m. on August 24.

The victim was transported to Woodhull Hospital where he was uncooperative with police and refused to provide more details on the incident.

The attending doctor at the hospital said the victim did not have life-threatening injuries.

$7,000 Cash Stolen

A 69-year-old man was robbed of $7,000 in cash inside his Graham Avenue apartment on August 22, according to police.

The victim said he was visiting the hospital and upon returning home noticed that $7,000 in cash was missing from the top drawer of his bedroom dresser.

There were no signs of forced entry, and the victim said the only other people with access to the apartment were the building porter and super.

Stolen Jewelry

A 28-year-old man was robbed of several items of jewelry inside his Bedford Avenue apartment on August 21, according to police.

The victim said that when he returned to his apartment he noticed that a window was open in his upstairs bedroom.

It appears that unknown perp(s) had gained access to the bedroom through the roof.

iPhone Thefts

A 39-year-old woman was robbed of her iPhone 5S on August 23 at the northeast corner of White and Moore Streets.

An unknown man riding a bicycle grabbed the phone out of her left hand as she was walking along the sidewalk and headed southbound on Bushwick Avenue.

Police were unable to track the phone.

In another incident that occurred the same day, a 35-year-old woman was robbed of her iPhone on Thames Street.

This time it was two perps who snatched the phone from her hand and then fled on foot.

Robbed at Gunpoint

A 21-year-old man was robbed of close to $1,000 in cash at gunpoint at the northeast corner of South 4th Street and Keap Street on August 22 just after 2 a.m., according to police.

The victim said he was sitting at the above location when he was approached by two unknown men, one of whom placed a firearm to his forehead and removed the cash from his pocket.

The police are further investigating the victim’s story as he was intoxicated at the time of the report and changed his story several times.

Mother’s Wrath

A 10-year-old Berry Street resident was savagely beaten by her mother on the night of August 21, according to police.

The victim told police that her mother dragged her by her ponytails out of the building’s elevator and into their apartment where she at first proceeded to dunk her head in the toilet.

The girl then alleges that her mother punched her face, and began choking her.

The victim said her mother was drunk at the time of the incident and has indentified her as an alcoholic.

The case has been reported to Child Services.


A 30-year-old man was robbed on his way to the train after partying at a friend’s place in Bushwick on August 20 around 11 p.m., according to police.

The victim said he was attacked at the intersection of Walton Street and Marcy Avenue.

He alleges that two unknown men grabbed him from behind. One grabbed $300 from his left pocket, and the other grabbed his phone from his right pocket.

The victim tried to give chase but lost the suspects after they entered the Marcy Avenue projects.

Facebook Fraud

A 17-year-old was duped in a Facebook friend scheme on August 21, according to police.

The unsuspecting victim went to a Clymer Street apartment to meet a girl he met on Facebook.

Instead he was taken by an unknown man to the 10th floor of the building where the man was joined by two other assailants who robbed the teenager, threatening him with a knife.

The schemers then fled the building.

Foiled Getaway

A burglar trying to hide out from his crimes was caught by a Good Samaritan on the night of August 20 according to police.

A 41-year old woman noticed a man attempting to gain access to a house on South 4th Street through the fire escape.

She observed that he was able to gain entry into the apartment where he continued to hide.

The woman informed the police, who when they arrested the perp realized he had been running away from the cops for a separate crime.

Failed Phone Nab

While attempting to open the front door to her South 2nd Street apartment on the night of August 21, a 51-year-old woman was accosted by a strange man who attempted to grab her phone, according to police.

The victim said she noticed a man reach into her back pocket to grab her phone, but instead he dropped it on the floor and fled the scene.

Truck Troubles

Two men foiled a truck robbery at the intersection of Randolph Street and Varick Avenue on August 21, according to police.

One of the men approached the truck to find a man inside trying to spark the ignition.

When questioned about his motives, the man replied, “I’m not doing nothing.”

A second witness joined the man attempting to stall the suspect, and call the police in the meantime.

But panicked, the perp jumped out of the truck and fled on foot.

Stairway to Hell

A Flushing Avenue resident was robbed on his stairwell on August 20, according to police.

The victim, 34, was climbing up the stairs when he was approached by an unknown man who displayed a white metal handgun and said, “Give me your wallet and phone.”

The victim complied.

And while making the police report realized that he had seen the perp before at a local bodega.

Police are continuing to investigate the matter further.


A man walking along Broadway in the afternoon on August 19 was attacked for pocket change, according to police.

The victim said he felt a man put his arm around the victim’s neck, holding a razor blade, threatening to hand over everything he had.

The victim emptied his pockets, producing $12 in loose change, which the perp grabbed and fled on foot.

Tough Cookie

A 69-year-old woman was knocked to the ground by a man who tried to grab her pocketbook, according to police.

The victim was walking along Heyward Street when she said a sedan pulled up, grabbed her pocket book and in turn dragged her along with the car, causing her to sustain lacerations on her right wrist, and elbow.

The woman was ultimately able to wrest away her pocket book, just as the perp fled in his sedan.


Follow GpointGazette on Twitter



All Articles

E-List Signup

Type your name and email address below, then click "Submit" to be added to our spam-free email list.