Police Blotters: 90th Precinct

Cougar Town

This Cougar certainly wasn’t on the prowl.

An 86-year-old woman was robbed by her 35-year-old boyfriend in the afternoon of August 7, according to police.

Just after 1:30 p.m. that day, the victim visited her boyfriend’s apartment on Humboldt Street.

In the time that she spent using the bathroom, the victim alleges that her boyfriend made off with her debit card and withdrew money from her bank account.

The victim only became aware of the $400 the following day when she checked her bank balance.

Upon confronting her boyfriend, he at first denied any wrongdoing, but eventually confessed and admitted he owed some people money, and promised to return the funds by the end of the week.

He has since blocked her on Facebook, and has refused to answer any of her calls.

The couple is no longer together.

Silvery Thief

A Hewes Street resident was robbed of close to $12,000 in goods on the night of August 14, while he was away from home, according to police.

The victim, 63, returned home to find that his home had been broken into, the front door left open, and several expensive items of silver – trays, candlesticks, and fruit bowls were missing from the basement.

Police are continuing to investigate the matter.

Foiled Robbery, Part I

A quick thinking resident foiled an attempt at burglary inside of her apartment on McKibben Street on the night of August 17, according to police.

The victim, 27, said she heard a noise in the living room around 3 a.m.

When she went outside she noticed a man walking about the house.

Upon confronting him, the perp bolted out the door, but not before the victim managed to get a clear picture of the perp on her phone.

Nothing was stolen from the apartment.

Foiled Robbery, Part II

A 26-year-old Siegel Street resident awoke in the early hours of August 17 to catch a burglary underway at his home, according to police

He woke up just after 4 a.m., and noticed a man walking around the house from one bedroom to the next illuminating the apartment with a flashlight.

Upon detection the thief fled the apartment without stealing anything.

Double Trouble

A woman recovered her phone from a thief only to have it stolen again in the afternoon of August 15, according to police.

The victim, 36, had caught up with the thief at South 3rd Street, and had just manage to secure her phone when he pushed her from behind, and took off with the phone again.
This time around he was joined by a couple of friends.

They all ran in different directions, but the victim chased after the same perp.

When she finally caught up to him on South 6th Street, he had already handed over the phone to one of his accomplices.

High Price

A 43-year-old Flushing Avenue resident was robbed of close to $15,000 in goods while away on a trip, according to the police.

The victim returned home last week to realize she had left the gate unlocked.

Upon entering the home she noticed a number of expensive items missing including her laptop, a watch worth $5,000, several bracelets, and an iPad Mini.

Early police investigate revealed that the perps likely used the fire escape to enter the home.

Sneak Attack

A 40-year-old man was assaulted by two thugs at the intersection of Scholes and Leonard Streets on the night of August 16, according to police.

The victim he said he was walking home when he was approached by two unknown men, one of whom said, “Give me your money.”

They then punched the victim in the face, grabbed his wallet, which had $40 in cash, and fled on foot.

Inattention Tension

A 33-year-old Manhattan Avenue resident was robbed as he was having a party at his home, according to police.

The victim said he was entertaining guests in the backroom and did not notice that his front door had been left unsecured.

An unknown person entered and walked away with his Macbook, credit cards, and a Metrocard, all while he was hanging out with his friends in the back.

Liquor Store Hold-Up

Two perps robbed a liquor store on South 4th Street at gunpoint on the night of August 12, according to police.

Store workers said the two perps barged into the shop just after 10 p.m., ordered them to lie on the ground, and removed $200 from the register and grabbed two bottles of Hennessey valued at just $100 each.

The perps then jumped into a Hyundai parked outside and fled the scene.

Pregnant Woman Attacked by Baby Daddy

A pregnant South Williamsburg woman was savagely beaten by her boyfriend on the night of August 12, according to police.

The victim, 18, said she got into a verbal dispute with her boyfriend at the corner of South 4th and Rodney Streets over her whereabouts that night.

The boyfriend then began beating her senselessly – punching her in the face, choking her, biting her arms, and whipping her with a phone charging wire.

The victim is two months pregnant with the perp’s child, but it remains unclear if the baby is unhurt.

Police are continuing to investigate the matter.

Homeless Hysteria

A homeless man sleeping on a bench at the Ten Eyck Plaza was beaten by an unknown man on the morning of August 11, according to police.

The victim, 24, said that just after 5 a.m., an unknown man began punching him several times about the face causing pain, laceration and swelling.

The man then forcibly removed the victim’s wallet which contained $200 in cash and fled in an unknown direction.

Cat Fight

Three women attacked a 15 year-old girl as she was making her to the train station at Broadway and Graham Avenue in the afternoon of August 11, according to police.

The victim said she was grabbed by two of the women and held down against the pavement, which caused bruising to the right side of face, while the third perp grabbed her iPhone, headphones, and the chain she was wearing around her neck.

All three women were arrested shortly afterward.


Follow GpointGazette on Twitter



All Articles

E-List Signup

Type your name and email address below, then click "Submit" to be added to our spam-free email list.