Police Blotters: 94th Precinct

Man Robbed of Thousands in Quarters

A Java Street resident was robbed of $3,000 to $5,000 in quarters that he had collected in a 5-gallon jar at his home, according to police.

On March 23rd, the 37-year-old victim returned to his apartment just after 9:30 p.m. to discover that the jar containing the coins was missing.

The victim told police that he had left the apartment shortly before 9 p.m. to go to a nearby store, and had left the door unlocked and slightly ajar.

No property apart from the coins was stolen, according to police, who are continuing to investigate the matter.

Landlady Robbed in her Apartment

A 54-year-old landlady was robbed of her laptop and cash at her basement apartment on North 6th Street, according to Police.

The victim told police that she thought she heard someone move about in her kitchen around 10 a.m. on the day of the robbery on March 20th, but didn’t notice anything missing when she left the house for work shortly after.

Upon returning home after 5 p.m., she noticed the belongings missing along with a gold chain.

The victim rents out apartments in the building to tenants and told police there have been instances in the past when the tenants have given their keys to persons unknown to her.

The police are continuing to investigate the matter.

Robber Caught in the Act

A robber was forced to flee the scene of the crime when his footsteps alerted the resident of the apartment he was trying to rob, according to police.

The 29-year-old victim told police that he heard a noise coming from the living room just after 11:30 a.m. on March 20th. The victim, who was sleeping at the time, made his way to the living room to discover an unknown man fleeing through the front entrance of the apartment.

No items were stolen from the apartment and the victim told the police that he and his boyfriend are the only two people who have access to the apartment, which can only be entered using an automated card.

The victim’s boyfriend was at work at the time of the crime, according to police.

Failed Gym Break-In

Two men made a failed attempt to break into a gym on Engert Avenue in the early hours of March 14, according to police.

The manager at the gym told police that upon observing the security footage from the building she noticed two men pull up in a red sedan and park across the street. The men got out and used a metal object to jam the entrance to the building where the gym is located. They tried to pry open the entrance to the gym but were unsuccessful, according to police.

The lock on the gym’s door sustained damage, but nothing was removed from the property, according to police.

Six Apartments Robbed on Kingsland Avenue

Approximately six apartments located in the same building on Kingsland Avenue were robbed on March 2nd between 9 a.m. and noon, according to police.

The building manager told police that he observed a hole cut into the perimeter fence on the property, and upon canvassing the building noticed that appliances such as microwaves, refrigerators, and radio sets were missing from six apartments in the building.

Additionally, the building manager told police that the front door of the building had been left open.

There are no security cameras located in the building, and police are continuing to investigate the matter further.

Schoolkid Threatened with Knife

A 16-year-old Brooklyn Prep School student was accosted by a gang of six on his way home from school, according to police.

On March 18th, just after 3:30 p.m., the victim was making his way to a train station located on Marcy Avenue, according to police.

Upon reaching the intersection of Meeker and Union Avenues, the boy was accosted by six thugs.

One of the suspects surrounded him and patted him down, and another threatened him with a knife.
“I have a knife,” one the suspects allegedly told the victim. “Give me your cell phone.”

The boy escaped their grasps and ran toward the train station, and the thugs fled in an unknown direction, according to police.

Train Conductor Punched by Passenger

A G train conductor was punched in the chest for being firm on punctuality.

On March 21st at around 8 p.m., the train conductor was set to depart the G’s Greenpoint Avenue station when the suspect knocked on the conductor’s window, according to police.

The disgruntled passenger accused the conductor of closing the train doors on him and began punching him. One of the punches landed on his chest, which caused the conductor to feel pain and tightness in the chest.

The conductor was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital for further examination, and police are continuing to look for the suspect.


Follow GpointGazette on Twitter



All Articles

E-List Signup

Type your name and email address below, then click "Submit" to be added to our spam-free email list.